fuel problem with 2.8 by dthami22
Started on: 01-17-2015 07:05 PM
Replies: 7 (237 views)
Last post by: therepairguy on 02-15-2015 07:29 AM
dthami22

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dthami22Click Here to Email dthami22Send a Private Message to dthami22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm new to the forum and by mistake i posted this question in the wrong area. hope someone finds it this time...

ok. i have a strange problem but i know it is related to fuel. i have a 2.8 that runs great once its started. idles great, drives great, great power, etc. it will start up with no problem if it has been sitting for a day or several hours. however, if i drive it, turn it off, and then try to start it in less than 30-60 minutes i can't get it started. i thought this was because the engine was getting flooded from leaky injector but it doesn't look like the case. i pulled off the air cleaner and ran the engine for 30 minutes then tried to start it after 10 minutes off. sure enough it wouldn't start. so then i sprayed starting fluid and it started right up. so what in the heck is happening to my fuel delivery for starting after the engine is warm? doesn't make any sense to me. it runs great after its started but doesn't want to start up with in 30 minutes of the engine running HELP!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yours is not a typical problem. It is possible that the ICM is malfunctioning a bit when getting warm. Usually the spark goes, but it's possible that only the injector signal is bad.
Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraClick Here to Email Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe, Cold start injector? Have you checked the fuel pressure? How is the rest of
your ignition components?
dthami22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2015 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dthami22Click Here to Email dthami22Send a Private Message to dthami22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as stated in my original post. it is definitly a fuel problem and not the icm. otherwise starting fluid wouldn't make it start. but thanks for trying to help out.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2015 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dthami22:

as stated in my original post. it is definitly a fuel problem and not the icm. otherwise starting fluid wouldn't make it start. but thanks for trying to help out.

Advice from the General Chat Forum is that your fuel pump is bad. You can go after that first, or do some other trouble shooting to confirm.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2015 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Click Here to Email 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have some photos of your fuel line routing? Are your heat shields in place? It may be vapor lock - the fuel boils in the line. Today's fuels boil at a lower temperature due to the addition of ethanol.
therepairguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for therepairguyClick Here to Email therepairguySend a Private Message to therepairguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It really sounds like a fuel pump

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock