starter shims by petehiggins75
Started on: 01-16-2015 07:57 PM
Replies: 3 (312 views)
Last post by: petehiggins75 on 01-17-2015 06:58 AM
petehiggins75

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for petehiggins75Click Here to visit petehiggins75's HomePageClick Here to Email petehiggins75Send a Private Message to petehiggins75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone please tell me how many shims to use when i go to replace my starter.i have an86 duke.there appears to be none currently on the starter...thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's no set amount, it really depends on the proper clearance. When you replace your starter, you will definitely need one, just because rebuilt starters may be resurface. I would get to 1/16th" spacers, start with one, and if there's no grinding or anything and it's smooth, then you're good.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 549
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never trust old shim setup to work w/ another starter.
Many brands come w/ shims and correct gauge. Automatic trans is hard to use the gauge... You need to find wire same size and bend that to work.

See my Cave, Starter

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

petehiggins75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for petehiggins75Click Here to visit petehiggins75's HomePageClick Here to Email petehiggins75Send a Private Message to petehiggins75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you t-a and ogre

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock