Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Transmission issue with my 87 auto 4 cyl....please help!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Transmission issue with my 87 auto 4 cyl....please help! by jay237jay
Started on: 01-15-2015 09:56 AM
Replies: 4 (93 views)
Last post by: jay237jay on 01-15-2015 11:08 AM
jay237jay

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jay237jaySend a Private Message to jay237jayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got an 87 notchback with the 4 cylinder, 3 speed automatic trans. I'm have a huge problem when I'm on the highway. If I'm going 60-70 on the highway, the trans will shift down to second, back to third, but sometimes stays in second, resulting in drinking all my gas due to the high RPM. It does it even when I use the cruise control. I already replaced the throttle position sensor and changed the fluid and filter but it still is shifting erratically. Please help! I'm not sure what it can be!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum Jay!

At that speed, it's more likely that you are switching in and out of the overdrive.....There is a switch on the transmission called the TCC. It may be faulty. You should disconnect it and drive around to see if the switching stops. You may get lucky and find a bad connection or broken wire.

http://www.kichline.com/chuck/fiero/TCC.htm

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 01-15-2015).]

jay237jay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jay237jaySend a Private Message to jay237jayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgive my ignorance, but where, roughly, is the TCC located?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Click on the link and the article will explian..
jay237jay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jay237jaySend a Private Message to jay237jayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops, sorry about that. I read the response too quick and didn't notice the link. Thanks so much!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock