2.8 engine a good deal? by fieromatty
Started on: 01-14-2015 05:00 PM
Replies: 46 (1107 views)
Last post by: fieromatty on 04-28-2015 07:51 PM
fieromatty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the time chain was off by about 33 degrees. I took the heads to my machinist to check for bent valves. They came back good so no work had to be done.

I finally got the damn thing to start after all this time.

Now I have another problem, my rear main seal is leaking like a siv. I have to pull the motor back out of the car.... again. This is the third time... This is super frustrating. Anyone got any recommendations on how to tackle this issue?
IP: Logged
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3 key ways, 1 is TDC, the second is 4 degrees ahead, the third is 4 degrees retarded. the chain IS definitely Off, and you probably DID bend a valve. you already have the heads Off, so, turn the heads upside down, so the combustion chamber is facing straight UP. pour some laquer thinner into the combustion chamber and see if any leaks into either the intake or exhaust Ports. some machine shop ! I'd check Everything!
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't have to pull the motor out for the rear main seal. Or do you need to pull it for something else?
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Lou, But I already got that figure out and its running. Read my last post.
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieromatty

393 posts
Member since Apr 2010

Originally posted by Gall757:

You don't have to pull the motor out for the rear main seal. Or do you need to pull it for something else?

How do you replace it without removing the engine?

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I am wrong.....you don't have a lift, right? I got a new seal when I got a new clutch....engine in place, but the cradle dropped a little bit.
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an engine hoist. I usually just drop the cradle... If someone could give me steps to take with the motor remaining in the car, that would be great.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock