Rust by hoddy
Started on: 01-12-2015 03:50 AM
Replies: 3 (264 views)
Last post by: turbo86se on 01-12-2015 11:04 AM
hoddy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2015 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hoddySend a Private Message to hoddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there particular spots that are prone to rust. Reason I ask is that I am thinking of getting another Fiero ( used to own an 85GT ) and I understand some States put salt? on the roads in winter to help with ice. With that in mind is it worthwhile considering cars from the northern areas or should I just stick to California etc. Our laws here are pretty strict on it and any corrosion would mean failing inspection.
Many Thanks
Hoddy
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lunatic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2015 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum!

Type "rust" in the search bar at the top of the page. You'll find many entries regarding this topic. That's the best place to start and you'll get all your questions answered there.

Have a good read.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2015 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcme Hoddy!

The trouble is:... people move a lot. Many rusty Fieros have retired to Florida and Arizona, while many cars in the North started out in the South.... Get photos of trunk corners and upper frame rails (you will find examples in your search), Also, the southern cars get much more sun damage to the interior..and may need more work. Good Hunting!
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pull up the carpet and check out the floor pans. There are also two rectangular braces for the radiator that are prone to rusting as well.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock