Are Fiero seats slightly "turned"? by Daleford
Started on: 01-09-2015 05:30 PM
Replies: 10 (421 views)
Last post by: onesexyfiero on 01-10-2015 09:06 PM
Daleford

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DalefordSend a Private Message to DalefordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just installed a pair of newly upholstered Fiero seats in a Fiero chassis. They don't appear to be facing straight. Are Fiero seats "turned" a little bit towards center? I know there is more legroom towards the center hump so it would make sense if they were.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe they do sit a little pigeon toed. I noticed this when I installed my racing seats

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

Daleford

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DalefordSend a Private Message to DalefordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Yes. Very apparent when the seats are out of the car. Also a reason you can't swap sides with the seats.

OK That explains it ----- T H A N K S

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've swapped seat cushions and backs from one side to the other... Should I be able to see a difference? Or are you talking about switching with the rails attached?
LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not crazy!!!!!!

Thank you!

------------------
10.263 @ 134.44MPH - 1.49 60'
Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, ARP Rod bolts, otherwise stock L36.

Old M90 XP Cam time -
11.425 @115.60
1.543 60'

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know that the rails matter, but the entire seat certainly does lean. Next time seats come up on ebay, look at the pics. Or check out some past sales. The cushions should be interchangeable. The seat frames, not so much. The levers would be on the wrong side, for one thing. I don't know if the seat backs fit at a slight angle, or what.

It occurs to me that this may be a GT thing. The seats I remember in particular were the speaker seats and GT seats from '86. Still, I think the seat lean thing is about the outer curvature of the car--not foot space.

The rails are dedicated right and left side. To switch the seat cushions you have to remove the threaded insert from one side and put it in the other side for the seat back hinge bolt. The seat cushions and backs are interchangeable among years in my experience.

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2015 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, you are. You own a car that's more than 25 years old, drive it, and put money in it. You'll never get that money all back. You think this is fun. Aren't we a bunch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7L_3onytfI
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2015 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The seats sit square in the car, but the tracks are not square to the seat. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to slide the seat forward and back on the rails without it tracking in and out. One track sits forward of the other, so if you swap seats and keep the rails, you'll need to mount them out of square on the seat.

[This message has been edited by onesexyfiero (edited 01-10-2015).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock