Started on: 01-05-2015 03:33 PM
Replies: 6 (255 views)
Last post by: VikingRedBaron on 01-08-2015 10:25 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will the 5 speed steering column from an 88 work in all other years of 5 speeds? How about V6 5 speed columns compared to 4cyl 5 speed columns? I have an 88 5 speed column from a formula I would like to switch out to an 87 5 speed.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since the shifter is on the floor, they will interchange.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
make sure you rebuild the column before you install it. it is easier when it is on a bench.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About the only differences in Fiero columns to my knowledge is auto vs manual, manuals have the release lever thing next to the key. Beyond that it's normal differences - tilt or no tilt, cruise or non cruise stalk.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2015 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

About the only differences in Fiero columns to my knowledge is auto vs manual, manuals have the release lever thing next to the key. Beyond that it's normal differences - tilt or no tilt, cruise or non cruise stalk.

And auto has the shifter lock mechanism, which you need to disable if installing in a manual car to get rid of the release lever.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

And auto has the shifter lock mechanism, which you need to disable if installing in a manual car to get rid of the release lever.

True that, I forgot about the shifter lock.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may need to change the ignition switch due to a different year.
The pin outs and pattern may be different.
At least that was the case when I switched mine.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock