Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  87 gt front radiator bracket and driptray?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
87 gt front radiator bracket and driptray? by lordbg0205
Started on: 01-01-2015 10:41 PM
Replies: 4 (269 views)
Last post by: lordbg0205 on 01-02-2015 01:25 PM
lordbg0205

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lordbg0205Send a Private Message to lordbg0205Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So i am restoring my 87 gt back to good and noticed while i was installing a new front crossmember that the tray? under the radiator is rusting out. I know there is a lower radiator support but it seems to be bolted under that. Its about 18" by 10" and seems to be a factory stamped sheet metal part. What is it? Do i need to pull the lower support to replace? Ive searched amd searched, check the service manual and dont see anything. Please help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you post a picture? I have visions of a skid plate.....
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2015 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you're talking about the stamped bracket that holds the air dam.

This piece?
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Dobey said, that flat stamped piece is used to sort of tie everything together under there, including all the smaller brackets that support the front air dam. It also helps provide additional air flow direction when used in conjunction with the radiator splash guards.

They do rust out like crazy, but if you can source one from a South Western state, you should be able to get one that's rust free. You can always check the Fiero Factory too... www.thefierofactory.com
lordbg0205

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lordbg0205Send a Private Message to lordbg0205Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats it!!! Thanks dobey. Im wanting to replace that and the lower radiator support. Any idea what its called. Im going to call the fiero factory later.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock