Intake manifold gaskets by raysr11
Started on: 12-30-2014 11:17 PM
Replies: 6 (261 views)
Last post by: katatak on 12-31-2014 11:06 PM
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting a 3.4 Camaro engine ready for swap and noticed that you can't put the intake gaskets on w/o loosening all the rockers and pulling the push rods. The gasket says "do not cut"" but has anyone done this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like how it says "do not cut" and he cuts them, LOL!

My machine shop also had to cut out the port openings on the gasket to match my insane head port job.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's your real answer. Hope you haven't cut them, yet. http://www.lislecorp.com/di...roducts/?product=632

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is tempting but don't cut them. Also, don't use the cheap ones. If you cut them you have a leak waiting to happen.

Please ignore my reference to the VW gaskets. That is for exhaust not intake. Same rule though, do it right if you want integrity at the seam

Arn

------------------

[This message has been edited by Arns85GT (edited 12-31-2014).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, don't cut them, just do it right. Honestly... I would want to retorque those bolts anyway since they're out. While you're at it, might as well swap in some roller rockers anyway. They're supper cheap for a pair of Crane 1.52:1 roller rockers. It will quiet the upper end, and reduce drag on the engine.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use a large Spanner Wrench in the same fashion as the Lisle tool fierofool posted. Takes less than 5 minutes a side and you don't need to touch the valve adjustment.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock