RE : Cradle swap by Flexfoot
Started on: 12-29-2014 07:20 PM
Replies: 5 (246 views)
Last post by: ericjon262 on 12-30-2014 08:00 PM
Flexfoot

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlexfootSend a Private Message to FlexfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I change the cradle should I replace all the bushings with the poly ones? Will it make any difference in handling?
Thanks in advance.
Steve
1986 2.8 GT
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flexfoot:

When I change the cradle should I replace all the bushings with the poly ones? Will it make any difference in handling?
Thanks in advance.
Steve
1986 2.8 GT

most of us go to a solid bushing, that's the way GM switched to in 1988. Rodney sells some nice aluminum ones.

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
in a word, YES, the cradle bushings, Not the control arms
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

in a word, YES, the cradle bushings, Not the control arms

whoops, guess I should have read a little more thoroughly. I would swap the control arm bushings for poly, and the cradle bushings for aluminum. some have had squeaking problems with the poly, I have yet to have this problem.

------------------
"I'm not what is called a "civilized man" professor, I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me therefore I do not obey it's laws."

we're in desperate need of a little more religion to nurse your god-like point of view...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See my Cave, Bushings

Originally posted by ericjon262:
whoops, guess I should have read a little more thoroughly. I would swap the control arm bushings for poly, and the cradle bushings for aluminum. some have had squeaking problems with the poly, I have yet to have this problem.

Polly in CA can wear out w/o making noise.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

See my Cave, Bushings

Polly in CA can wear out w/o making noise.

lots of things can wear out without making noise, that's not really the point though, the idea behind a poly bushing is that it doesn't deflect as much.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock