Vaccum line help by tom10122
Started on: 12-29-2014 04:10 PM
Replies: 2 (172 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 12-29-2014 05:01 PM
tom10122

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tom10122Send a Private Message to tom10122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my mileage got progressively worse as the weather got colder so I started poking around and found this

where is this suppose to connect to?

also this line is pretty beat up does anyone know the part number

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tom10122

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tom10122Send a Private Message to tom10122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my check engine light also comes on intermittently while driving aswell
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not being able to see the whole end of the engine, It's hard to tell, but I'm going to take a guess at what was done.

The long line coming across the top of the EGR valve plugs into the port on the end of the upper intake manifold. Correct? Then the other end plugs into the cruise control dashpot that you picture?

I think what was done is that a hose was routed direct from the manifold to the cruise control, possibly to correct a leaky hard vinyl line that runs underneath the manifold. The original would exit on the passenger end and plug into a rubber piece near the MAP sendor that has two inlets and two outlets. The two outlets go to the metal line on the trunk wall and eventually one of them finds its way to the rubber hose you have with the bolt in it.

The cause of the intermittent check engine light is likely the EGR system. It could be a bad EGR valve, bad EGR solenoid, or a vacuum leak in one of it's hard lines or EGR tube. If you check the trouble codes it will probably have a Code 32 stored in the ECM.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock