High idle by failsatheals
Started on: 12-28-2014 09:51 PM
Replies: 7 (236 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 12-29-2014 05:40 PM
failsatheals

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for failsathealsSend a Private Message to failsathealsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been on a long list of chasing problems with a nrw fiero i picked up. Did a new distributor, got it to start and idle but was still having some stalling. The fuel pump finally gave out and i just replaced that today. It starts right up and runs now, but it is idling around 2k now. Before it was a problem it was sitting at 1k. Is there something im missing to check?

I also have the fuel gauge reading error. I took a pad to the resistor while the tank was down. Before it was sitting right about the full mark, now when i start it it pegs way up to the top. Could the arm of got caught all the way up?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by failsatheals:

I have been on a long list of chasing problems with a nrw fiero i picked up. Did a new distributor, got it to start and idle but was still having some stalling. The fuel pump finally gave out and i just replaced that today. It starts right up and runs now, but it is idling around 2k now. Before it was a problem it was sitting at 1k. Is there something im missing to check?

You have probably dislodged a vacuum line, or cracked the EGR tube.

I also have the fuel gauge reading error. I took a pad to the resistor while the tank was down. Before it was sitting right about the full mark, now when i start it it pegs way up to the top. Could the arm of got caught all the way up?

Gauge reading high means that there is infinite resistance, or no connection....perhaps you broke the resistor wire.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 12-28-2014).]

failsatheals

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for failsathealsSend a Private Message to failsathealsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible to buy a new resistor? Can i rewrap it? I really dont want to have to guess my gas level.
Well looks like the next thing im doing is an egr delete👍
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a really great post that is hard to find.......somehow lost on PFF.

https://docs.google.com/doc...TY6urYdmU/edit?pli=1
failsatheals

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for failsathealsSend a Private Message to failsathealsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did follow that, after i followed it im getting an infinite reading like its way over full. So my arms stuck way up or my wrapping is shot.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did follow that, after i followed it im getting an infinite reading like its way over full. So my arms stuck way up or my wrapping is shot.

OR....there is a bad connector or a broken wire... (You could get lucky, )
failsatheals

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for failsathealsSend a Private Message to failsathealsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldnt even know where to check. This is like worse thing to go out. Ugh.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wouldnt even know where to check. This is like worse thing to go out. Ugh.

There is a connector just under the lid of the sending unit in the tank. If you jumper the two chassis leads, there should be no resistance and the gauge should read 'E'...if it does not and still reads over FULL, there is a break in the circuit to the gauge. If in in fact reads 'E', the problem is somewhere in the sending unit, and most probably the resistor wire.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock