Wheel offsets by jeffja
Started on: 12-27-2014 03:51 PM
Replies: 3 (211 views)
Last post by: jeffja on 12-27-2014 08:57 PM
jeffja

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffjaSend a Private Message to jeffjaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My '85 SCCA ITA race car has the 15" X 7" wire lace (or wire mesh?) type wheels. The rears have about a 1 1/4" rim showing (from the face of the wheel) while the fronts have no rim showing. Are these a stock set-up? My brother's '88 has the 1 1/4" rim type. And I've been told that all the wire lace types are of the same offset. I want to find a set with the differing offsets for my rain tires.
Any body know anything about this?
Thanx.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 15" lace wheels on the 88 front end were narrower than the other lace wheels.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lace 15" wheels first appeared on the '86 GT's. They were 7" wide and had a 30 mm offset at all four corners. The roadside face of these wheels had the 1" lip you mentioned. The same wheels were stock for '87 GT's as well.

In '88 the rear wheels were once again the same as before, however the front wheels were 15" x 6" with a 37 mm offset. The roadside face of these wheels have no lip. The reason for the difference in the '88 front wheels was to accommodate the wider new suspension while maintaining the wheels at about the same location in the wheel well.

From your description, it sounds as though you have a set of '88 fronts on your '85 and your brother's '88 doesn't have the correct front wheels on his.
jeffja

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffjaSend a Private Message to jeffjaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx. Much appreciated.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock