84 4 speed 3800sc swap clutch? by Scott2scott
Started on: 12-26-2014 09:43 PM
Replies: 5 (400 views)
Last post by: DKcustoms on 12-27-2014 07:06 PM
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having trouble with clutch to use. Been reading and reading any info would be great. I have 84 with 4 speed and im doin 3800 sc swap . I have flywheel from 96 manual camero. Some say i can use clutch from 84 or any v6 fiero with 4 speed others say spec 3 . Im still learning and working on a budget . Any help would be greatful
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I have read the stock clutch disks can't handle the torque so a Spec 3+ is recommended for street driving. I don't want to do it twice so thT is wht I plan to go with but they are more $$.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2014 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea they are a little more money. Was hopeing for something abit cheaper. I just got the 3800sc engine and engine harness añd computer and the flywheel all this week and just finished putting a fastback conversion on. So i was seeing if there is less expensive option
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch and a new throwout bearing for the 4 speed for sale, found here

I was going to use the 4 speed behind my 3800, but I am now going 5 speed and need a different clutch.

I am selling both the clutch and throwout bearing for $400 shipped to your door.
I would entertain reasonable offers too, I'm losing money either way, just want them gone

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 12-27-2014).]

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. Im intrested in buying clutch and throw out . But i just looked and found tgat clutch kit for $413 new and throw out for $23 . $400 used is might be a great price but now they sell new for $436 together. If u can send me a message withthe best price your willing to take
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything I have is brand new, all in the original factory wrap as the pictures show.
SPEC still lists this clutch for $459

I'll send you a PM though

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 12-27-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock