3800 series 1 supercharged swap questions by gtxbullet
Started on: 12-25-2014 07:17 PM
Replies: 4 (805 views)
Last post by: gtxbullet on 04-08-2015 08:17 PM
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Donor car getting dropped off and Id like to get the mounts and harness ordered so I can have the drivetrain (engine and 4t60e trans) ready to install when the Fiero is delivered.

I have been told 3800 swap mounts will fit s1 and s2 engines.
The only ones I need to get are the lower and low alternator brackets
Will these 2 brackets for the s2 3800 swap work on the s1 3800?

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2014 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Low mount alt set up for a series II will not clear on the series I, engine mount bracket will work and 4T60E and 4T65E tranny mounts are the same as long as the 65E has the mounting bosses which does not concern you in this case. The engine mount bracket and tranny brackets from a 92 to 95 Trans Sport or Lumina van that had the 4T60E will also work for your swap if you can find one in a junk yard
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the trans sport van brackets will work because I have one of your write ups saved on my desktop ;-)

Too bad about the alt bracket. Guess Ill get creative.

Thanks Dan!
jdwekw07

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2015 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdwekw07Send a Private Message to jdwekw07Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I'm posting on an old topic... I was given a Fiero by my Dad, who had done some serious work to it over the years when I was a boy. It is an '84 SE, which he had transplanted a 3800 Series I (I believe). The car was driven by him to work everyday for about 10 years at least. The transplant has well over 150xxx miles on it (if not more). After him giving me the car, due to military deployments, etc., I regretfully say it has sat for a long time in my driveway under a car cover. I am taking on a new job thankfully which should allow me to work on it rather regularly. It has been neglected, and I would really like to pull the Series I, have it rebuilt, or quite possibly do a swap of a Series II or maybe even III. I need some advice though... what would make more sense? The motor already makes about 200 HP, but I know a SC would make even more. Should I keep the Series I and have it rebuilt, maybe add a blower or turbo? Or should I can this motor and go with a Series II or an LS Series engine? Any help would be great. Thanks!
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2015 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jdwekw07:

I know I'm posting on an old topic... I was given a Fiero by my Dad, who had done some serious work to it over the years when I was a boy. It is an '84 SE, which he had transplanted a 3800 Series I (I believe). The car was driven by him to work everyday for about 10 years at least. The transplant has well over 150xxx miles on it (if not more). After him giving me the car, due to military deployments, etc., I regretfully say it has sat for a long time in my driveway under a car cover. I am taking on a new job thankfully which should allow me to work on it rather regularly. It has been neglected, and I would really like to pull the Series I, have it rebuilt, or quite possibly do a swap of a Series II or maybe even III. I need some advice though... what would make more sense? The motor already makes about 200 HP, but I know a SC would make even more. Should I keep the Series I and have it rebuilt, maybe add a blower or turbo? Or should I can this motor and go with a Series II or an LS Series engine? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Honestly if it is for nostalgia I recommend a rebuild of the series 1 that he put in since there are memories attached. Though if it is indact a series 1 3800 and it isnt supercharged it has around 145-160hp. The series 1 SC had 200hp
otherwise if you want to have it be supercharged I highly recommend the series 2 3800SC (240hp 260tq)
if the transmission is a fiero one it should be recycled and a 4T65E-HD installed.

parts cost not including the engine and transmission will run $1700-3000 depending on who you purchase from.

My client finally got the series 2 3800sc but with a 4t60e transmission.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock