no power to ignition or starter by petehiggins75
Started on: 12-23-2014 01:06 PM
Replies: 4 (308 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 12-23-2014 09:49 PM
petehiggins75

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for petehiggins75Click Here to visit petehiggins75's HomePageSend a Private Message to petehiggins75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had an electrical issue a few months back,a short that caught fire and had no juice to my yellow ignition wire as well as one of the red wires.i tested them at the junction box near the battery and nothing.any suggestions because now i have to use a toggle to start my car.I have a duke.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84 dukes are electrically different than the others....what year do you have?

also: Where was the fire?

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 12-23-2014).]

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are small fusable links built into the wires that run from the battery to they junction block. These fuses blow and the only way to tell is to check continuity of the wires.

In the pic below the black cylinders in the wire run by the persons thumb, are the fusable links.Your wires may be a differant color, all depending on what year your car is.

Below is a wire diagram for an 86 fiero, showing the fusable links that may be bad.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

petehiggins75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for petehiggins75Click Here to visit petehiggins75's HomePageSend a Private Message to petehiggins75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86 duke and the fire was a red wire that comes off of the black connection below the junction box
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sounds like fusable link A.....it's not supposed to cause a fire when it fails......There may be a big short in that circuit.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock