86 Fiero 3800 Swap questions. by Runicdionysus
Started on: 12-21-2014 10:28 PM
Replies: 5 (502 views)
Last post by: DKcustoms on 12-22-2014 09:15 PM
Runicdionysus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RunicdionysusSend a Private Message to RunicdionysusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey!
This is my first time posting on the forums, I've been lurking for the past couple days. So I don't know very much. Anyway, I have a pretty built 02 Grand Prix GT with an L67 Top swap and the differential upgrade to the tranny. I run a 3.6" pully with no KR, (about a 3.3" on an L67) I've always loved the way Fiero's look, and I came across an 86 Fiero special edition sport for $400, the exterior and interior are great, just it doesn't run. I've also heard about a lot of 3800 swaps and I've looked at a few of the write ups for them but haven't quite found the answer for my question. Can I swap everything over from my grand prix? The engine AND the tranny? I've put a lot of money making the tranny an HD and wouldn't want it to go to waste. From what I can tell the engines are put in the trunk, and idk how that could work with the tranny.
Thanks!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use the search feature on here to find many many l67 swaps.
You can purchase all parts necessary to do the swap.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the engine and tranny can go into a Fiero but not in the trunk buy a Fiero first and look very closely you will see the engine goes in front of the trunk

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

Runicdionysus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RunicdionysusSend a Private Message to RunicdionysusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Yes the engine and tranny can go into a Fiero but not in the trunk buy a Fiero first and look very closely you will see the engine goes in front of the trunk

How does that work? Do you have to convert it to FWD? I'm having a hard time seeing how the transmission will work if everything is facing the opposite way.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Runicdionysus:

How does that work? Do you have to convert it to FWD? I'm having a hard time seeing how the transmission will work if everything is facing the opposite way.

Scroll through the pics in the linked article. Again, the search feature is your best friend if you intend on doing the swap.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/074077.html

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 12-22-2014).]

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Runicdionysus:

Its not actually facing the opposite way.

The motor and tranny are simply pushed backwards.
The part of the motor that is the "front" in your car is still the front in the Fiero, just you won't be able to see it.
The part that you would see in the Fiero is the part of the motor that you couldn't see in your car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock