Ac vent removal by busa_powered
Started on: 12-19-2014 10:06 PM
Replies: 6 (641 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 12-21-2014 01:25 PM
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a replacement for the radio/AC/vent trim bezel. It's in real good
Shape.

I removed the 4 screws to take the face plate off but I'm
Not sure how to remove the vents to swap out.

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vents are plastic just pop in at factory...
Problem is plastic gets brittle over time. Is easy to break the vent and/or frame to pry apart the two.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh well guess I will see if I can send it back

Thanks anyway
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

I got a replacement for the radio/AC/vent trim bezel. It's in real good shape.

I removed the 4 screws to take the face plate off but I'm not sure how to remove the vents to swap out.

Ogre might've already covered this, but I wasn't sure what you were referring to. Are you wanting to know how to remove the entire face plate from the dash after the four screws have been removed, or are you wondering how to remove and replace the actual vents in the face plate?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-21-2014).]

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Ogre might've already covered this, but I wasn't sure what you were referring to. Are you wanting to know how to remove the entire face plate from the dash after the four screws have been removed, or are you wondering how to remove and replace the actual vents in the face plate?

Trying to replace the ac/radio and vent face plate right above the shifter.

I have the new trim piece but it has the air vent (the directional type you adjust) fitted into the plate.

The new silver trim piece does not have these directional vents in it, so I need to swap the vents.

Not sure how to replace the directional vents from the damaged trim bezel to the newer one.

They don't seem an obvious way to remove them
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's easy. The vents are held in place by the pivot point (molded into the vent). That pivit pops into a hole on each side of the trim. Working from the front or back, I use a popsicle stick or tongue depressor to simply (and gently) pry on each side of the trim releasing the pin. Flat screw drivers work too, but be careful. Work on one side of each vent at a time. The vent will pop loose.

Once you have both vents removed, heh, clean em of course...then just pop em in to place on your new trim piece. Or as service manual will state "reverse procedure to install" hahaha.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, what /\ he said. Look at the new one and you can see the little button on the sides. That's your pivot. Slide a very small flat blade screwdriver in between the vent and the side, pry slightly or twist the blade while pulling the vent with the other hand. You aren't going to break the vent. You might break your old trim piece, but that's already history. Putting the vent into the new trim piece is very easy.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock