coolant tubes by kgoodyear
Started on: 12-14-2014 07:12 PM
Replies: 2 (466 views)
Last post by: Jims88 on 12-14-2014 10:06 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some collapsed cooling tubes on both sides of my 87 gt. Has anyone ever come up with a solution by using rubber piping. It seems like an obvious solution. No rot; no collapsing; easy repairs.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Repairs have been made by cutting out the bad sections and using radiator hose as a patch.... If you are talking complete replacement, I have not read that anyone has done that successfully...perhaps because the tubes have to be in a fairly precise location.
Jims88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you go the rubber hose route just make sure you have some kind of hose retention on the tube.
It doesn't take much time to drop the coolant tubes, so the best fix is to cut out the collapsed section and weld/braze/solder in a coupling.

Posted by fieroguru:
I removed the long coolant pipe this evening to weld the barbs on it to ensure no more hoses come loose.

Or

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock