Not the Typical Headlight Problem by virtuetovice
Started on: 12-08-2014 07:51 PM
Replies: 6 (191 views)
Last post by: armos on 12-11-2014 04:18 AM
virtuetovice

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virtuetoviceSend a Private Message to virtuetoviceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So most of you probably have plenty of experience with headlights not raising/lowering/spinning knobs etc etc....I've read around and problems seem pretty rampant.

Well mine, do not respond to the switch AT ALL. I even went so far as disassembling the switch and manually triggering the contacts. No flipping and no lights, high beam or low...

What next, gurus? I have a multimeter if you think I should be testing certain contacts or relays. I'm pretty good with electrical but I understand the Fiero is a special kind of different and should be treated as such with sound and knowledgeable advice.[supposedly this is THE place] However...if I'm a big ol' dumbass, just tell me. Ain't gonna hurt my feelings. lol

85 Fiero GT.

[This message has been edited by virtuetovice (edited 12-08-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First thing. Tell the gurus what you have.
virtuetovice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virtuetoviceSend a Private Message to virtuetoviceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoops. OP edited. LOL.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
......**

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 12-09-2014).]

virtuetovice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virtuetoviceSend a Private Message to virtuetoviceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me clarify further. No illumination on either headlight bulb.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then forget what I said.
armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might have a bad fusible link, or some other fault. I think the best way to proceed is to carefully observe the exact symptoms and compare with the electrical schematic. With some poking around and experimenting you should be able to find the fault.

These schematics are for the 1986 model, not the 85. I don't have the 85. I don't know if there's any differences, but hopefully not.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock