engine mounts poly or soild by johnguzman1212
Started on: 12-08-2014 03:17 AM
Replies: 3 (348 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 12-08-2014 02:29 PM
johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im doing a 3800 sc swap in my 87 duke...question I want to mount solid the engine/trans to cradle so does that mean I buy poly cradle mounts . if I use rubber engine mounts do I use the solid cradle mounts? id like to mount solid it seems easier to me
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 88 cradle is a solid mount setup with rubber engine mounts.... it works pretty well for noise, vibration, etc..... so I would think solid mounts on your cradle would be the way to go...

http://rodneydickman.com/ca....php?products_id=270

As for engine mounts, it's more about your comfort level. Poly mounts would give you a lot of feedback in your 'butt-dyno', which might get tiring if you drive longer distances ( or if you are over 50.. ).
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It all has to do mostly with the dog bone. If you have a stick shift you will probably will feel little difference between rubber and poly. BUT: If you use poly mounts you have to use an adjustable poly dog bone. Once the engine and trans is in it will not move and the dog bone has to be adjustable so it can be set to the correct length. If you use poly mounts and a rubber dog bone you will probably ruin the poly mounts over time or have some steel break or something.

I had poly in my 88 Mera back when it was an automatic. The only time you feel the vibrations is when you have it in drive and are at a dead stop. Once you start moving you do not feel anything. I was disappointed to loose that vibration feel when I went to a stick shift. I even went to a solid dog bone. Nothing.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
in my 87 GT I used Poly "Cradle", and rubber Engine/trans/dogbone Mounts (Mine is 4t65e-HD) no vibrations at all. I hate the vibrations "in drive at a stop" in my 85 !

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock