88 Formula Rear Bearings by Madscanner
Started on: 12-06-2014 08:32 AM
Replies: 4 (448 views)
Last post by: Bloozberry on 12-06-2014 10:58 AM
Madscanner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadscannerSend a Private Message to MadscannerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi

I've had a rear wheel bearing that has been grumbling for a while - having not worked on 88 suspension before, is there anything in particular that I need to know about replacing the bearings?

------------------

'88 Formula
'85 SE 2M6 (recently sold)
'93 Eunos Roadster
'00 Fiesta Zetec S (now sold to fund more Fiero work!)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The '88 rear wheel bearings are the same as for all years. It's a relatively simple task with the hardest part being the removal and reinstallation of the hub nut if you don't have the right tools. Here is a set of instructions for removing the rear axle from the early cars, but you'll find all the info you need in here just the same. You'll have to remove the tire, caliper, rotor, hub nut, and finally the bearing assembly... forget about the rest: www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum9/HTML/000004.html
Madscanner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadscannerSend a Private Message to MadscannerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hiya BB

Thanks for the swift reply.

If I've understood the linked thread correctly, as I'm just changing the hubs, I won't need to go beyond removing the calipers and disks - is that correct?

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See my Cave, Axle
Covers hub too.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Madscanner:
If I've understood the linked thread correctly, as I'm just changing the hubs, I won't need to go beyond removing the calipers and disks - is that correct?

Yep.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock