Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  One headlight lifts slower than the other?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
One headlight lifts slower than the other? by FieroCat
Started on: 12-04-2014 01:38 PM
Replies: 3 (485 views)
Last post by: FieroCat on 12-05-2014 12:59 PM
FieroCat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCatSend a Private Message to FieroCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just replaced both of my headlight motors with rebuilt ones a few months ago, and have worked great, but over the course of time the passenger side motor has lifted quite a bit slower than the driver side one. It seems to almost struggle, still going while the other raises quickly and easily. Could this be a ground wiring issue?

------------------
My Fiero: 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, V6, 4-speed manual

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd honestly be happy with both headlights going up and down for an 86 (im assuming.)

From what I've seen, even brand new fiero's had one headlight always be quicker than the other. But for your case, that does seem strange. It could be 10,000 different things, but I'd assume it's the isolation relay.

Here is more info about the 1st gen system:
http://home.comcast.net/~fierocave/hlmotorg1.htm

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my cave link above might help.

Iffy power and/or ground for that motor and relays can cause problems.
Just one weak connection anywhere is enough. Can be connection inside the motor or iffy relay.
why? See my Cave, Electric Motors

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

FieroCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCatSend a Private Message to FieroCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably just my OCD flaring up. I'll check the ground connections and relay. I just get the feeling that the passenger side one is on its way out already, given the lack of stability of these 1st-gen motors. If these go out, I'll try to put the effort into converting to the 2nd gen motors.

------------------
My Fiero: 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, V6, 4-speed manual

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock