code 15 by newfiejeff
Started on: 11-21-2014 06:48 AM
Replies: 5 (155 views)
Last post by: newfiejeff on 11-21-2014 07:13 PM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 2m4
Just on a long drive, rough going along the road and engine light on and off. Checked the codes and its a code 15. Could it be the connector or the sensor itself. Had the locking clip break off the sensor before, push clip on and tape it solid.
In a meeting all day, will check lunch time today.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe

Hard to tell from here, but if you had issues in the past, it could be returning. How old is the sensor? Are you checking the correct sensor, as there are multiple temperature sensors.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 11-21-2014).]

newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know the age but there was an old one in the trunk. Thinking it might be the connector. The last 1000 klm was fine until today. Tape may have warmed and the sensor slipped a little.
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

newfiejeff

560 posts
Member since Aug 2013
Could a low coolant cause troubles, not the case but just asking.
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

newfiejeff

560 posts
Member since Aug 2013
Update. Went out lunch time and wiggle the wires on the sensor and that. Left the meeting 2:30 and the car was perfect for about 1/2 hour or so of highway driving, then it came it to her again, missing, bucking like a dead cylinder. Check engine light on and off and sometimes stayed on, then there was times the car worked perfect.

I am thinking it's the connector that is setting the code not the sensor.
I am assume that it can do that?
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

newfiejeff

560 posts
Member since Aug 2013
Done some digging around and this is the latest.
I probe the CTS and basically got 0 and I could turn the black plastic in the metal housing by about a 1/4 turn or more. I took the old spare one that I found in the trunk and brought in the house and I probed it with hot water and a piece of ice and the meter was going in the right direction with heat and ice. I put the CTS with the broken lock and I taped it solid on and took it for a ride, got about a few minutes in the ride and guess what it was back at it again. The car was bucking and like a dead cylinder and it was intermittent. I brought it in the garage and no codes stored, probed the CTS and it was about 200 ohmns aprox. checked it again later, I can't remember the number but it was in the right direction for cooling down, will check again in the morning.
I took the connector off the ignition coil and the 4 starts was green, so this is where my problem might be. I cleaned the starts shiny but I don't know how to clean the ignition coils where the starts go. To me it seems the car is the worse when the car is in 5th gear and then some strain comes on it. I always thought it was a ignition problem.
So could it still be the CTS, O2 sensor(the two seem to go hand in hand) or the dirty fittings on the coil?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock