Rebuilt 2.8L V6 idle problem by Ruffino3124
Started on: 11-20-2014 05:34 PM
Replies: 43 (2498 views)
Last post by: Ruffino3124 on 01-01-2015 05:52 PM
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know if this will help, as I'm sorta new to Fieros. On my TPI engine, I use this procedure for setting the IAC and TPS. They are sort of an incremental adjustment- adjust one, and the other can drop off a bit- so you need to repeat is several times to get an exact set. Other's more knowledgable can tell us whether this will work on the Fiero, but they should be pretty close.

http://www.thirdgen.org/tpimod2

But it does sound like a large Vac Leak causing most of your issue- keep looking

------------------
'87 GT in process!

IP: Logged
Ruffino3124

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ruffino3124Send a Private Message to Ruffino3124Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
countach711 and darbysan, thank you i really appreciate the advice and tips i never adjusted the iac or tps but the car is not drivable, and i dont want to take the chance with that high of a rpm,
i can only calm it down while holding the iac or pcv coming from the valve cover by the firewall. the black hose that runs from the Throttle body is completely connected on both ends ,the lower
intake part jumps in nice and tight. does it still need a clamp?
Today im going to try and set the idle speed and tps from the link that darbysan posted-thanks again

Yesterday i noticed the suction in the pcv system is really strong also in the iac port -when i say pcv its the the tube that connects to the plastic intake by the TB
the engine will only run with one (pvc tube that leads to valve cover by firewall / iac port in TB) covered
both covered-stall
nothing covered-engine will blow (way too high idle its pretty scary)
thanks again to all that have helped i hope to find the solution soon
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ruffino3124:

Yesterday i noticed the suction in the pcv system is really strong also in the iac port -when i say pcv its the the tube that connects to the plastic intake by the TB

Something is not right with your PCV routing. The engine was recalled and the PCV system was changed..The PCV valve should limit the air flow to the vacuum system. If it is stuck open or missing, your idle would go up....but not THAT high.....

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 12-30-2014).]

Ruffino3124

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ruffino3124Send a Private Message to Ruffino3124Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
first off i wanna say thank you to everybody that helped i really appreciate it
second off i made major improvement on trying to run my engine
something was broken but i was unsure of what it was
i turned the ignition on and unplugged the iac then started the car and it stayed at 3000rpm but it sounded very low -idle dropped to 2000rpm then continued stalling
i changed the guage and realized the other rpm gauge was broken and giving wrong readings
when i put an extra gauge on it read the idle at 1500k then it was trying to drop below 1000rpm -the car wont run under 1000rpm
so i have to keep my foot on the throttle to keep the car running otherwise it will stall i tried using a hypertech chip but gave me the same idle
it seems as the computer is trying to bring it down to 800rpm but the car stalls out right at 1200rpm
so now my problem is reversed i cant keep the car on to idle it keeps stalling
please help me out to what my next step is , do i need a computer to run the camshaft at a higher idle???
how can i keep the idle around 1400k or just keep it at a runnable idle
i was able to run the engine longer this time and the engine sounds beautiful will be posting a video once i get the idle perfect thanks again
and HAPPY NEW YEAR FIERO FORUM
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock