Someone bumped into me.... AGAIN by zzzhuh
Started on: 11-20-2014 03:35 PM
Replies: 27 (957 views)
Last post by: zzzhuh on 01-03-2015 10:10 PM
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got off work yesterday around 6:00 P.M. and was stuck at a light. Cop lights were flashing up ahead so traffic was pretty much stuck.
The guy in the very front goes too far forward into the intersection and decides to back up.... The guy behind him ALSO backs up and bam, bumps my car. He doesn't get out, so I get out and tell the guy he had hit me. We looked at the damage and didn't seem to see anything...

Well, I go to change my oil today and my head light is sticking up. So I go to pop the front hood and.... it won't open. I see this.

Here is a video of me opening the hood... There is some foul language:

https://www.youtube.com/wat...RrE&feature=youtu.be

I gave the insurance company a call but I never got the guy's license plate, nor did I get his name or any information....

Anyone got any suggestions for me?

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Train Horn!
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with my insurance. If I can get the guys license plate, I'll be able to get a claim. Unfortunately I didn't take any photo's so I'll have to be on the look out. More or less, I'll have to pay for someone to make the hood work. Unless someone has a hood/front fascia for sale

I am aware that TFS sells new fascia's but I haven't heard any reviews on the quality.
maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats why i have one of these in all my vehicles...
http://www.amazon.com/HDE-D...-4&keywords=dash+cam
front and rear facing cameras. its fairly cheap and records to memory card for saving on computer. helps if ever needed for insurance claim or if guy said YOU hit him.
not movie quality, but good enough to get a plate if needed. good luck.
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maybenot:

front and rear facing cameras. its fairly cheap and records to memory card for saving on computer. helps if ever needed for insurance claim or if guy said YOU hit him.

Who would of known they make such a thing? Thanks for the tip mate, I'll be buying one tomorrow!
maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you think thats neat, search youtube for dashcam. some crazy things were caught on tape.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Double post! Ignore!!!

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 11-23-2014).]

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shho13

916 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Is this the exact dash cam you have in your car? I was actually in the market for one for my cars... I read reviews on this one and it seems people say it's not really HD, you can't make out licence plates unless your up close, and the night vision is poor. What are your opinions on it?

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2014 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is the exact one i have for 2 vehicles, 2 other family cars have a single forward facing camera. set up is a bit time consuming and i did hardwire in a power socket to a switched source so it turns on and records without me having to plug it in. it is not hd, and you will not be able to solve any crimes with it. but if someone rear ends me or backs into me, it will have recorded its field of view well. forget about night vision, as it does have infrared but it reflects off glass. if i were to mount rear camera outside vehicle where 3rd brake light would be, i think it would record visibly well at night.
its just an economical safety net to prove fault or capture some atrocious driving by others. i am sure there are high quality cameras for triple the price that will record in real hd, but i do not believe I needed that. you can also see real sample videos and reviews of different types of cameras on youtube as well
hope that helps.
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

that is the exact one i have for 2 vehicles, 2 other family cars have a single forward facing camera. set up is a bit time consuming and i did hardwire in a power socket to a switched source so it turns on and records without me having to plug it in. it is not hd, and you will not be able to solve any crimes with it. but if someone rear ends me or backs into me, it will have recorded its field of view well. forget about night vision, as it does have infrared but it reflects off glass. if i were to mount rear camera outside vehicle where 3rd brake light would be, i think it would record visibly well at night.
its just an economical safety net to prove fault or capture some atrocious driving by others. i am sure there are high quality cameras for triple the price that will record in real hd, but i do not believe I needed that. you can also see real sample videos and reviews of different types of cameras on youtube as well
hope that helps.

A lot of good information here. Thanks for your input!
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can buy them now all day long for under $40. Theres one now at heartlandamerica.com for $39. Im going to put one in the motorhome windshield too next season.

'rubber/plastic' bumper nowadays hide a lot of damage. Ive had cars here with no visible damage that cost well over $1000 to repair.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 11-26-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

'rubber/plastic' bumper nowadays hide a lot of damage. Ive had cars here with no visible damage that cost well over $1000 to repair.

Really? I might just buy a new hood/front bumper from someone on the forums. How well does red and silver go together?

How about silver and gold?

Grabber Green

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grabber GreenSend a Private Message to Grabber GreenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See if they use traffic cams where the accident occurred. You can ask the local police station. If they do, you'll be able to at least identify the make and color of the car, if not see the license plate. Good luck!
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grabber Green:

See if they use traffic cams where the accident occurred. You can ask the local police station. If they do, you'll be able to at least identify the make and color of the car, if not see the license plate. Good luck!

Thanks for the information mate! The light I was stopped at doesn't have any cams around unfortunately.
maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
traffic cams are not red light cams. they are set up every few blocks for surveillance. most bigger areas are starting to use them.
//images.fiero.nl/2012/IMG_0007_3.JPG

[This message has been edited by maybenot (edited 11-27-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2014 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Local businesses also might have cams recording everything. Look quick before they overwrite.
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How could you NOT see anything???? Why would you not exchange information after an accident and take pics?? From the looks of that I would definitely feel and hear that damage was done without even having to look. Sorry but I think you screwed yourself here.

------------------
86 Fiero GT: 3800sc/Manual, Cam/Mods.

GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the bumper got slightly misaligned and when you opened the hood the middle bolt holding the bumper cover on took a chunk out of the hood. Even after adjusting my 88 does the same thing (a much smaller gouge though). When I was patching up my hood for painting I fixed the area and decided to leave the middle bolt out of the front bumper cover.
CharlieHorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CharlieHorseSend a Private Message to CharlieHorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ghah. The damage is trivial. Dont' scrap the bumper or hood or anything. Its all good.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YOU "Did Not SEE THAT ??!
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

How could you NOT see anything???? Why would you not exchange information after an accident and take pics?? From the looks of that I would definitely feel and hear that damage was done without even having to look. Sorry but I think you screwed yourself here.

Well not only was it at night but the bump felt so insignificant. I definitely did screw myself over tho, I could of had a new hood with it painted by now...
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GodSend:

Looks like the bumper got slightly misaligned and when you opened the hood the middle bolt holding the bumper cover on took a chunk out of the hood. Even after adjusting my 88 does the same thing (a much smaller gouge though). When I was patching up my hood for painting I fixed the area and decided to leave the middle bolt out of the front bumper cover.

Yup, the middle bolt scraps it every time. Hopefully someone has a hood to sell. Fortunately, every year has the same hood.
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you don't need a new anything except an emblem, that stuff is easily repairable.
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by countach711:

you don't need a new anything except an emblem, that stuff is easily repairable.

Not so much. You can see a lot of stress marks on the front bumper and the hood has em as well. On top of that it literally pushed the front bumper down (that is why the screw catches the hood.) I could just remove the screw but it would decrease the attachment of the bumper. Im sure the hood just needs to be realigned but it is bent upward (as you can see in the photo.)
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Don't believe the Hood is UP, I think the front Cover RETAINER is Bent Down, (you can bend it back up, but you need to unbolt it to do it right). you might save the cover, but I wouldn't bother with that hood.(stress cracks, chunk, and if you look underneath it's probably cracked in the rail where the hinge bolts on).84-88 fits
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

I Don't believe the Hood is UP, I think the front Cover RETAINER is Bent Down, (you can bend it back up, but you need to unbolt it to do it right). you might save the cover, but I wouldn't bother with that hood.(stress cracks, chunk, and if you look underneath it's probably cracked in the rail where the hinge bolts on).84-88 fits

countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:
Really? I might just buy a new hood/front bumper from someone on the forums. How well does red and silver go together?

How about silver and gold?

yeah, maybe not. I couldn't tell if those were stress cracks or how bad it is. You should see my fascia, it is ripped!!!
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2015 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by countach711:

yeah, maybe not. I couldn't tell if those were stress cracks or how bad it is. You should see my fascia, it is ripped!!!

I just noticed you live in Colorado, I'd love to meet up sometime. Of course, I'd like to wait till we stop getting 10 pounds of snow

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock