Started on: 11-18-2014 11:38 PM
Replies: 7 (1367 views)
Last post by: Bloozberry on 11-19-2014 12:51 PM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone using the Drop spindles with Rear Wheel Bearing/Hub? If so what do I need to do to get the combo running?

Also, is anyone using Rodney Dickman's Front Wheel Bearings for an 88? I was going to use Drop spindles with RD 88 bearings but if I go that route it is $200 more dollars.

Plus:

NOTE - Racing use: Using these wheel bearings in 1988 Fiero's for racing. I offer no guarantee that these will hold up in race cars. Time will tell how well they will hold up. As you can see in the picture they have many tapered rollers in them. Note: The steel covers can work their way loose when used in severe duty racing conditions. Those using these for racing should make a steel band to go over the cover to keep it in place or tack weld the covers in place.

I plan on doing some Auto Crossing and Drag racing and am NOT sure if I would be better off with Rear Wheel bearings in the Front from a performance/reliability standpoint. Definitely much cheaper to buy.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:
Anyone using the Drop spindles with Rear Wheel Bearing/Hub? If so what do I need to do to get the combo running?

They are a straight swap out with the stock knuckles and bearings. They move the front wheels outboard by a couple millimeters but nothing significant. There have been quality issues with the Arraut spindles in the past to keep in mind. Not so much in the stoutness of the parts, but rather issues of inattention during fabrication. For example several people have received spindles with one or more of the tapered holes for the ball joints and/or tie rods that were either upside down or not drilled deep enough.

Edit to add: Mine are just fine, though they were made when the company was called HT Motorsports.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 11-19-2014).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having first hand experience with their front knuckles, I would not endorse their products.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
Having first hand experience with their front knuckles, I would not endorse their products.

I respect your opinion Joe, but it's not enough to say you don't endorse them without explaining why.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fitment issues requiring them to be remade, remakes were not symmetrical side to side (but they were use able, barely), increase in unsprung weight. Poor quality control, neither set should have been sent to a customer.
The calipers were so skewed on the knuckles the brakes could not release.....
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess I got lucky then. I got my entire suspension and brakes from Ryane. I visited him in Talent Oregon. He is the original guy and before that it was Formula one. Formula one, Ryane, Held, Arrrault. Did I leave one out?
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fitment issues requiring them to be remade, remakes were not symmetrical side to side (but they were use able, barely), increase in unsprung weight. Poor quality control, neither set should have been sent to a customer.
The calipers were so skewed on the knuckles the brakes could not release.....

Wow, those are very big issues for the price of the spindles. Do the offer exchanges or refunds?
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fitment issues requiring them to be remade, remakes were not symmetrical side to side (but they were use able, barely),...The calipers were so skewed on the knuckles the brakes could not release.....

Those are inexcusable issues especially on a replacement set.

... increase in unsprung weight

Although I never measured mine, I find it hard to believe the tubular design is heavier than the stock cast design. Did you measure them? Here are mine for comparison sake:

Perhaps the rear wheel bearings used in the Arraut front spindles are significantly heavier than the stock front bearing assemblies... now I'm curious.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock