Kevlar clutch by Fieroto300zx
Started on: 11-08-2014 10:28 PM
Replies: 3 (113 views)
Last post by: Joseph Upson on 11-09-2014 12:54 PM
Fieroto300zx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieroto300zxSend a Private Message to Fieroto300zxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the Kevlar clutch worth putting in a 3.4 fiero and what makes it so much better than a heavy duty clutch ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroto300zx:

Is the Kevlar clutch worth putting in a 3.4 fiero and what makes it so much better than a heavy duty clutch ?

It has a long service life and good grip from what I was told by a clutch builder. Use a sprung hub or it may scrub on engagement.

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is usually used for racing applications, and not recommended for street use. Most kevlar clutches have a heavy pedal, and will wear out your left leg in stop-and-go traffic, plus a lot of chatter.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 11-09-2014).]

Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

It is usually used for racing applications, and not recommended for street use. Most kevlar clutches have a heavy pedal, and will wear out your left leg in stop-and-go traffic, plus a lot of chatter.

I've been running one for 3 yrs, the chatter in my case has more to do with a nearly solid hub which is why I suggested a fully sprung hub to allow a little more engagement time to prevent it as I can engage the clutch without the noise but using a little more effort. Pedal hardness is determined by the pressure plate so if the stock plate is used it will not change.

[This message has been edited by Joseph Upson (edited 11-09-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock