Started on: 11-05-2014 06:16 PM
Replies: 5 (199 views)
Last post by: darbysan on 11-06-2014 11:38 AM
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was under the car to adjust my parking brake and looked over at the compressor. I am thinking this is my leak. Looks like it is coming out of the case.

Any body used a new 4 Seasons # 58255?

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 11-05-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, they are known to leak at the case. If the case is leaking, the compressor would have to be replaced to stop the leak. You can not seal it yourself

[This message has been edited by notwohorns (edited 11-05-2014).]

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had a 4 seasons compressor in my '85 for 5 years without a problem. paid a whopping $35 for it on ebay. with "Proper installation and oil", there is rally no reason for a problem. for anyone that has ever disassembled a compressor will tell you, there is Very little to go wrong(, maybe an o-ring or seal.)
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This leaking one has been working great for 4 years now. Was a rebuilt 4 Seasons. Just gave up the ghost this past May. Still works good for about 4 hours after a new can of "cold juice".
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen cases where the freon actually leaks thru the aluminum housing, the aluminum can be porous and overtime the freon will start to leak out.
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read some specific notes on install to prevent these cases from coming apart. Said to loosen the bolts of the AC bracket to engine, bolt the compressor to the bracket, and then tighten the bracket to engine bolts. Of course, this is the instruction for a new install. One that has been running for years probably just seperated over time due to stress/flexing.

------------------
'87 GT in process!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock