Front lateral link installation on 88 Rear Suspention by solakian
Started on: 11-02-2014 03:41 PM
Replies: 2 (132 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 11-02-2014 05:26 PM
solakian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solakianSend a Private Message to solakianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of installing a 88 cradle into an 86. I'm upgrading to poly bushings in all of the links. The front lateral links (rear suspension) have a steel sleeve pressed into each of the adjustable ends that the poly bushing fit into, one on the cradle end, one on the knuckle end. The steel sleeves have a flange on one end as do the poly bushings.

My question is which way should the flanges face, toward the front or toward the rear?
Do both flanges, cradle and knuckle, on a link face the same way?

The links on my cradle had the flanges facing toward the front of the car. The end of the sleeves that are not flanged wore rings into the cradle mounts. The '88 factory service manual does not specify the installation position and I have searched for a clear picture without success. Perhaps is doesn't make a difference but I would like to do it correctly. Your help would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cyrus88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post some pics so we know what you're talking about.

In the mean time do a search on this forum and you'll find about a million pics of how the links attach to the cradle.

[This message has been edited by cyrus88 (edited 11-02-2014).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Large end of the bushing faces forward....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock