Climate controls by Reg
Started on: 11-01-2014 06:05 PM
Replies: 2 (310 views)
Last post by: maddoc on 11-03-2014 02:39 PM
Reg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RegClick Here to visit Reg's HomePageSend a Private Message to RegEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone enlighten me as to how the climate controls work?

My Fiero lost it's AC when the previous owner did an engine swap and I can't get any air to come out of the main vents..
Defroster and heater are ok.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A general idea of how it works would be that any time the fan is running, you should have air coming out of the system from somewhere. Floor, dash vents or defroster vents. There are several doors inside the climate control box that direct the airflow to the selected discharge opening.

One is controlled by a cable that's attached to the temperature selector knob on the dash. The others are activated by small electric servo motors. Those motors are controlled by the various push buttons on the climate control center. I suspect that you might have a problem with the circuit board on the back of the climate control panel if your fan blower motor is operational.

Doing an engine swap or removing the AC components shouldn't affect the air flow coming from the system. I think they're unrelated.
maddoc

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2014 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maddocSend a Private Message to maddocEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You did not mention the year. I have an 88 GT. A few years back I had the same problem This is what worked for me.
On the pass. side , toward the front of the consol there is a space before the duct work. If you look with a flash light, you will see a rectangular box approx.4or5 inches long with a wiring connector attached. it is bolted to the duct. FRom the pass. side with a screw driver,turn the key to on {not started} , turn the fan to the med position. Now press the vent button and listen for the little motor to start. if nothing happens tap that little box and see if you get any results. Still nothing?? press the off button and listen. What happens is the crud that has accumulated over the years has made it more difficult for the motor to go all the way to the correct position. If you keep trying the buttons one at a time you may free it up. always go to the off position and listen for the motor before going to the next button. If you have patience and the right tools you can clean everything up. if you try that approach you'll find that connecting the motor to the duct door is a real muzzer. Good luck

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock