Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Not sure if this is the right place to post but here I am Light 18 inch wheel thread

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Not sure if this is the right place to post but here I am Light 18 inch wheel thread by bigjoe25
Started on: 11-01-2014 07:51 AM
Replies: 5 (324 views)
Last post by: onesexyfiero on 11-05-2014 05:04 PM
bigjoe25

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bigjoe25Send a Private Message to bigjoe25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Search search search, be doing it for a couple hours and can't find anything. It seems wheel retailers don't like to post wheel weights once they get to be 18 inches or bigger. I guess people are more for "show" than go when wheels get that big. Anyway my question is, what is the lightest 18 inch wheel with the correct offset and spacing you could find for an 1988 fiero? I'm wanting to do some 225's on both the front and rears to keep it square so I can rotate the tires to get some more life out of them. Anyone know any "proper" wheel that fit my description? Anything under 20lbs a wheel and under $300 bucks a pop? They would have to be street wheels as well, no mags as much as I would like that.

Anyone got an idea of where to look?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kosei K1 TS

OZ Alleggerita

Enkei RPF1

BuddyClub P1 (i have seen a RX8 break one auto crossing so id look into a warranty before you jumped on this one)

[This message has been edited by 1fast2m4 (edited 11-01-2014).]

1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1fast2m4

514 posts
Member since Feb 2013
On another note, why worry if a wheel is 22lbs vs 17lbs if you've chosen to run a 18" wheel is clearly for aesthetics, why not just get a wheel you like rather than anything that is 18" and just happens to be light, in 18" & light wheels your going to find only 10 or more spoke wheels.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96)
HX-40, FrozenBoost I/C, 80lb injectors & E85 Coming soon.....

thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Because unsprung weight translates directly to handling, and because wheel inertia translates directly to acceleration? Regardless of what size wheel you have, it always behooves you to save as much weight as possible. Like Colin Chapman said, “Simplify, then add lightness."
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your handling will be far from optimal with a square tire setup. Just pick something that looks nice, or be realistic about your handling goals and go for a proper staggered setup.
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enkei RSV? Decent looking wheel. Sub 20 lbs. Sub $200 price tag. A few finish options. I've had a set of 17's in anthracite for the better part of a decade with no issues.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock