EGR hose by newfiejeff
Started on: 10-31-2014 04:35 AM
Replies: 3 (123 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 10-31-2014 11:42 AM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 2M4
Hi, can anyone tell me where I can get an EGR valve vacuum hose or specifically the hose that goes on the hard plastic hose? I will buy a whole new hose if I got to.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are talking about the little rubber elbow at the top, and not the EGR tube, I have seen them at Advance. You might have to check the size, but they should have it. If you don't have an Advance, check Autozone or O'Reilly's.

Jim
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well they don't carry it around here.
Anyone know the size of the rubber tip that goes into the EGR valve. I will buy a bit of hose.
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most parts stores carry Dorman blister packs of elbows in various sizes. Last pack I bought was about $5. Though there are 5-7 elbows in the pack you will most likely only be able to use one of them if your attaching the stock vacumn line (plastic) to the EGR valve. Yep, the rest of the elbows go in the tool box. The elbow that works for me (2.8L V-6) has the Dorman logo, the word China, also the part number 5047411 388 molded on it. Good luck trying to find these without the blister pack in the stores. Others here may have found better sources for these.

The elbow that fits correctly will be a tight fit onto the EGR as well as the plastic vacumn line. Don't expect the elbow to last more than a couple years as they are subject to allot of heat and will eventually slip off the EGR. Some guys attach the elbow to the EGR with a little high temp RTV to help the grip. You might also try roughing up the EGR connection with some light sandpaper to help.

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 10-31-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock