Stock Subwoofer w/ Aftermarket Radio by burgincj33
Started on: 10-26-2014 09:29 PM
Replies: 1 (273 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 10-27-2014 07:54 PM
burgincj33

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for burgincj33Send a Private Message to burgincj33Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone,

So I am looking to upgrade my sound system in my Fiero, but I want it to remains stock (aside from the Pioneer radio that I put in). I saw that Rodney Dickman sells speakers that work like the stock ones, and he also sells a replacement sub.

My primary question is whether or not the Rodney Dickman sub will work with an aftermarket radio?

Second, is it better to buy the Rodney Dickman stock-like speakers or different speakers altogether?

Thanks!

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a current factory Performance Sound system installed or do you plan to use a separate head unit and amplifiers? The answer to this question may determine how you go about doing the install work.

To answer your specific question wrt to the Rodney speaker working as a replacement for the stock sub in a Performance Sound equipped car, the answer is yes. His speaker is what I have in one of my cars and it is adequate for the small cabin. However, you do have to understand that I am an older guy so what level of bass I like may not be relevant to your personal taste. It is not like having a 12 inch sub at your elbow. I do have a Rodney speaker functioning with an after market head unit and do not have any stock head units in my cars.

Nelson
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock