It's an '88 right? Here are a few things that you'll have to consider:
- Shortening the steering column;
- Depending how large your wheels are, you may have to move the metal wheel arches rearward, which will also decrease room in the foot well;
- Modify your heater pipes;
- Modify the forward arms on the cross member since they meet up with the lower frame rails at an angle and can't simply be slid backwards;
- Move the 8 (?) captured nuts that are inside the lower frame rail rearward; and
- Modify the brake lines.
Edit to add: if you need to move the metal arches back, that may also interfere with the door hinges.
[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 10-26-2014).]