Cruise Control (What goes here) by ninjayogi
Started on: 10-25-2014 02:55 PM
Replies: 6 (375 views)
Last post by: bomluuk on 11-04-2014 11:28 AM
ninjayogi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjayogiSend a Private Message to ninjayogiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My cruise control is not working. I looked at the diagram on this site and don't see this port on it. What is supposed to hook into this? TIA -Travis

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope this helps.
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replace that rusty vacuum can. Takes 15 minutes. It definitely has rust pinhole leak on the bottom side where you cant see. I replaced everything ELSE on my cruise control system before replacing the canister because it looked great from the top side. When I removed it, the hole was so obvious. Mine didnt look half as bad as your photo. http://fierostore.com/Produ...ail.aspx?s=65753&p=2
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The top port had a small foam rubber filter that capped it. Nothing more. It was just a filter.
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second the replacing of the vacuum canister and that nothing goes on those ports. Just a filter cap and I'm not sure it does anything. My issue. years ago, with my cruise, was the servo. The wire coil had become "unspun", and broken. Not sure how that could even happen, but it did. I found another one at the junkyard, and it fixed it. I believe, there are some cruise servo's off of other GM cars that are identical to the Fiero one.

Jim

Edit: Servo is the correct term, not solenoid.

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 10-26-2014).]

masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 on replacing the vacuum can. I've used servos from different GM vehicles, they do work, just make sure the electrical connector is the same size. I tried one off a Cadillac, it was smaller but still bolted right up and worked with no issues.

Also check that your clutch and brake switches are correctly adjusted, these will prevent the cruise from working. And believe it or not, the cruise control box also does go bad, I replaced mine with a "reman" unit from the local parts store.
bomluuk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, check for vacuum leaks elsewhere. My cruise stopped working when my EGR tube broke.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock