L98 swap- what sensors do you need? by grkboy707
Started on: 10-24-2014 07:36 PM
Replies: 1 (101 views)
Last post by: JohnSmith on 10-25-2014 08:58 PM
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've decided on an l98 (even though a l31 is far superior, it just doesn't look as good haha). Problem is, it's hard finding one. I found a complete intake with harness. I'm not sure of everything that harness has, but what all sensors on an engine would I need?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnSmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnSmithSend a Private Message to JohnSmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely need? I believe the crankshaft position sensor, if an engine that ancient actually has a CPS, is the only sensor that will cause the motor not to run.

In reality, you'll need every sensor, not sure why you'd think not. Some sensors from your factory engine could probably be swapped over, but you're still going to need that sensor.

Now some can be deleted, for example your EGR or EVAP systems, but there's no reason to delete them. It's easier to leave them, they don't cost anything to leave, and will help the environment.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock