2.5 Harmonic balancer/Crankshaft damper by PRND3L
Started on: 10-23-2014 08:37 PM
Replies: 4 (281 views)
Last post by: theogre on 10-25-2014 01:08 AM
PRND3L

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRND3LSend a Private Message to PRND3LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to put a harmonic balancer on my crankshaft for my 2.5 rebuild. Does anybody here know where i can locate one or have a part # or any input on this? I've only found a few and they are $300+ or there is one on rockauto that is listed as a balancer but doesnt appear to actually be one.

thanks in advance for the assitance.

Alex
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
year?
87 & up just listed in Dorman etc.
older nothing I know of.

Also See my Cave, Cam Gears
GM made change so gears get more oil

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FluidAmpr makes one for the Iron Duke, but this may be the 300 dollar one you are referring to.
I haven't seen on cheaper. If you come across one, let me know. I am interested in doing the same thing.
PRND3L

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRND3LSend a Private Message to PRND3LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

year?
87 & up just listed in Dorman etc.
older nothing I know of.

Also See my Cave, Cam Gears
GM made change so gears get more oil

86 2M4

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GM made them cheap.
86 and older... RA and others have simple hub to mount whatever pulleys. GM 22P listed as Hub, CR/SHF Pulley 10028930
# 85 on image at http://parts.nalleygmc.com/...14247&modelYear=1986

Many/all 87 & above didn't have one either. To save more money this is one piece and just slips on/off the crank.
Maybe 91-92 had them from factory... They switch to timing chain setup so could be.

Fluidampr is likely only option. www.fluidampr.com/products/...=PONTIAC&model=FIERO
But I'm not sure if that works on Fiero w/ stock V belt setup. I think that moves crank pulley 1+ inch.
It won't work on 87 serpent belt setup. Balancer is also crank pulley. I've install the Dorman one this week.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock