Bolts stuck by Jayfelt
Started on: 10-23-2014 09:29 AM
Replies: 5 (170 views)
Last post by: Jayfelt on 10-25-2014 06:47 PM
Jayfelt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JayfeltClick Here to Email JayfeltSend a Private Message to JayfeltEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys. Need some help here. I'm currently rebuilding my whole front suspension and got everything off but the lower control arm. I got the bolt and nut to come loose but it refuses to come out. The bolt just keeps spinning as i turn it. tried penetrating spray and hamming it out but no luck. Pretty much already come to the conclusion to cut it out but i wanna see if you guys have any suggestions first and if i do need to cut it off what should i use to get the job done?

[This message has been edited by Jayfelt (edited 10-23-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See my Cave, Bushings

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Jayfelt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JayfeltClick Here to Email JayfeltSend a Private Message to JayfeltEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

See my Cave, Bushings

I was told to check out your page for this info and couldn't find it. Never thought to look under bushing lmao. Thank you!
Sad news is it looks like my bolts are acutely bent, will this still work for me?
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe. Depends how bad.

Bigger problem is Class 10.9 bolts do not bend in most cases. You have allot more damage done to control arms and/or frame to do that.

IF bolts really are bent then likely has wrong bolts install or major torch job to degrade the bolts. Once heated the bolts are junk.

You need new hardware... Bolts Nuts and if used, Washers.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 10-23-2014).]

Jayfelt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JayfeltClick Here to Email JayfeltSend a Private Message to JayfeltEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, turned out to be the wrong bolt. The bolt that was used was fully threaded and acutely threaded threw my bushing and also ended up bending inside them as well. Eleven blades latter I was finally able to pull my control arm off.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock