3.8 SC engine swap by johnguzman1212
Started on: 10-22-2014 06:01 PM
Replies: 14 (1161 views)
Last post by: johnguzman1212 on 11-22-2014 09:36 AM
johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok people I own a 87 fiero 2.5 with a lambo kit now drum roll please...please tell me that a 97 riveria with the 3.8 engine SC is a common engine used in swap its has coded key for egnition. if so what do I need from car ? will the trans work? I can buy the whole car for 600 bucks engine ran great
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep it's good.

You will drop that coded key for the engine crap btw. You could keep it if it really turned you on but it is a pain so why.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Yep it's good.

You will drop that coded key for the engine crap btw. You could keep it if it really turned you on but it is a pain so why.

Like Tim said it will work....Swap has been done a zillion times over so it's well documneted..Done many of them myself..
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would suggest getting 98 grandprix/regal wiring/pcm as the 96-97 and Hbody type harnesses are not as easy to deal with.
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the car
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can easily repin that harness to run with the 98 GTP PCM and get a programmed 98 GTP PCM to make life much easier for you

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2014 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i got the engine out. figured out the how to take the axles out but couldn't remove the big cups right at the trans. going to clean up and order my wires. and install new plugs. paint the valve covers. order a new intake gasket and change out super charger oil. I need some advice chime in when you got some time. thanks
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2014 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like to take two pry bars, one on each side of the cup, between the cup and the tranny. Then to pop them out you want to use a 'jerk' type action. Constant and increasing pressure seems to be the worst way. Once you get the jerk, motion going they pop out rather easy.

johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol I saw that video already but the technique didn't work ill try again I just couldn't pop it out it kept spinning . im watching a lot of these videos on youtube before I ask here. my question now. I replaced the water pump. I removed the power steering pump. I searched the forum for PS delete and I wanna know can I gut the pump and just use it like a dummy pulley or will the pump burn up? how do I reroute the belt if I don't use the PS the tensioner is backwards. im keeping the alt there.
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnguzman1212

212 posts
Member since Feb 2014
aha just saw the belt routing to avoid the power steering pulley. I can buy a shorter belt to do this no problem. so now my question is when I do this and the grooved side of the belt is on a smooth pulley will it wear it down? can I buy a grooved pulley for the tensioner and if so from what other car ?
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smooth side of belt on a grooved pulley pulley will wear fast, grooved side of belt on smooth pulley will not wear but will slide off the side quite easily.
Keep all accessories like water pump and alt with proper side of belt and replace pulleys to match as needed and you should be ok

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

PFF
System Bot
Fiervette

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FiervetteSend a Private Message to FiervetteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I apologize for hijacking your thread, but I have been seeking information about Lambo Door Kits. Where did you get yours, and is it still available? What do you think about them?

James
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks ill check auto parts store for the pulley. my car is a lambo replica it has real lambo doors. my friends have those door kits they are fun for a while but then they kinda annoy you after a while cause their hard to get in the car . looks awesome though but that's just my opinion
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnguzman1212

212 posts
Member since Feb 2014
thanks fiero flyer I finally figured it out. junk the power steering pump. replace the smooth pulley with a grooved one. 17.99 at autozone. buy shorter belt. ill go when I have all mounted. progress I removed supercharge oil but im waiting on the oil. I painted the valve covers, they came out bad lol. painted the SC. waiting on my gasket set cause the plastic ones were still on. cleaned up intake mainifold. replaced water pump even though the old one was still good costed me 3.99 cause I found a new one in the trunk. im cleaning the engine harness found some bare wires, I taped them up and im adding new black wire loom on all of it. heres my question when I spin the supercharger it gets stuck after a few turns it didn't do this before whats wrong maybe some dirt in it? whats your thoughts?
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
had a lot of black crude in sc so I cleaned it out with carb cleaner I guess I fixed that.next question how do I hook up a fuel line to these pipes ? im baffeled?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock