Started on: 10-22-2014 01:18 PM
Replies: 7 (544 views)
Last post by: Arns85GT on 10-23-2014 04:08 PM
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is the build thread
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not bad! Congrats.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What was it corrected for? Estimated flywheel hp?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weep about what?
What happened to your torque numbers?
Picking up 12 horsepower at the sacrifice of 30 pound/feet of torque doesn't sound like "Makes more power than EFI" to me.......
What kind of fuel mileage do you see?
Not to rain on your parade, just looking at the numbers here.....
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple of factors that don't show up in the chart. The car was on 87 pump gas, not 91 like factory calls for, so, the advance was back a couple degrees. This pulls out torque.

I also have a pretty free flowing exhaust to bring up my power at higher rpm. This also sacrifices lower end torque.

To pick up the extra torque you want about 2 more degrees of advance, and at least 91 octane gas to prevent knocking.

As it stands though, the gas mileage around town is good. On the highway the 3.65 gears don't translate into good mileage at 70 mph.

I need to play with the exhaust to balance out the torque and power, however, I don't want to spend a whole whack of change at the dyno shop.

In short though, the factory rating of 200 hp is a little ambitious. I can't find a dyno run for the stock engine, but, I expect it was maybe in the 190's somewhere.

If I wanted to max it out, I'd have to be prepared to spend quite a bit more on dyno, which just isn't going to happen.

The big issue for me is that the engine doesn't fall flat on its face after 5400 rpm. It pulls nice and strong to 6000. That is a pretty big factor for me.

I also have almost perfect fuel mixture right through the working rpm range. So yes, the engine is performing better with the HEI and carb.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my torque on 87 octane was 265 ft*lbs...hp was 175rwhp using Fiero Factory exhaust...Allante intake. Peak HP was at 4100 rpm though...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arn, with the 3.65 gearing, higher rpm range would be beneficial to you. With the 3.33 final 4T60E in my Formula, I am very happy with the EFI powerband.
Maybe we will meet sometime and see which version is quicker........
Good job in exploring new territory.

And I like the 30 mpg on the freeway too........

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 10-23-2014).]

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really would like a higher gear for the highway, however the 3.65 is very good on the 1/4 mile. If I go out to the track, it will get some 94 Octane and 2-3 points more on the advance. The dyno machine which measured real km/h showed 184.1 km/h (114.3 mph) at 6100 rpm. The engine has usable power at 6,100 so 114 mph is quite do-able with this engine. I don't know what the 1/4 terminal speed would be but the calculation puts the car to 14.33 with an auto or possibly 13.55 depending on the tranny. I expect though, that with the change of gas and advance the numbers would be more like 215 hp so it could be a bit better. Don't know what the 4T60 times would be.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock