AC Hose Connection Question by darbysan
Started on: 10-22-2014 12:29 PM
Replies: 7 (286 views)
Last post by: darbysan on 10-24-2014 05:22 PM
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all. New member with first post, so be gentle Just picked up an '87 GT 5spd in pretty good shape. Going through making it safe and roadworthy ( tires, brakes, cooling lines, belts, etc). AC was non-operative ( Bad Compressor), so I have parts on order for replacement.

Pulled lines to flush, and found something curious to me. Not sure if this is stock, or if some PO has cobbled something up, so wanted to check. The connection from the short engine hose to the pipes attached at the rear driver's side firewall was connected with a 6mm 1.0 x60 bolt, threaded into what appears to be a speednut. Did the factory use this speednut configuration, or should there be a more substantial nut there for assembly? Thanks!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the factory setup !
darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the quick response. Makes me feel a little better moving forward with the rebuild.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be sure to replace those O-rings.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:
Be sure to replace those O-rings.

AC rated rings or will leak soon.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought a large box of the Green O-rings. Done a few AC's- just my first Fiero- but keep those ideas coming in, as I may miss something!

Thanks
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's factory, as ridiculous as it seems.

I would suggest using a threadlocking compound on that screw to keep it from backing out. It happened to me and the cloud of refrigerant in the rearview mirror is not something you want to see while driving.
darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good Suggestion! WILCO.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock