water pump hose delete? by nickwstp
Started on: 10-20-2014 12:50 PM
Replies: 9 (244 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 10-21-2014 02:16 PM
nickwstp

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nickwstpSend a Private Message to nickwstpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so im pretty far along on my engine swap, just 2.8 to 2.8 since the last engine overheated and died. just want to get this car back on the road. as im looking for differences in these engines i found something odd. my 87 engine has a big bolt in the hole that comes out from the very top where as the 86 engine still has the hose coming out. i have pics if would help but what does this hose go to? could it be why the last engine died? and can i just delete it like on mine?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! We just had this discussion on another thread...I'll try to find it. Heater hose routing changed between '86 and '87.
nickwstp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nickwstpSend a Private Message to nickwstpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the hose is a metal sleeve coming out of the water pump, sorry typing on a cell phone sucks!
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just unscrew each one and swap them over. They are both the same size and threads. Put a little pipe dope on the threads.
nickwstp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nickwstpSend a Private Message to nickwstpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow that was fast! thanks so much!
nickwstp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nickwstpSend a Private Message to nickwstpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nickwstp

27 posts
Member since Jul 2014
off the top of any ones head, is there anything else I should be looking for differences between the 87-86 engine swap? my 87 is an auto, gt. The donor motor is from a standard, 86.

I already took off the clutch etc assy and just planning on bolting my old flex on. should work right? got the old engine hanging right now and would like to have the replacement in by tonight...
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The engine wiring harnesses are different on automatic and manual equipped engines. Look the two over closely and compare connectors. You'll need to transfer the transmission kick down cable to the new engine. I'd suggest disconnecting it at the throttle instead of at the transmission.
nickwstp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nickwstpSend a Private Message to nickwstpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the kick down cable the same thing as the tv cable? Pretty sure it needs adjustment too but the button seems to be seized... or I'm doing it wrong.

Well got the replacement bolted to the tranny and all mounts. Alternater bracket off ready for the harness. There's a few rough spots in the harness but all in all very re-usable.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The kickdown cable is the same as the TV cable. I've never owned an automatic, I don't know how to adjust it. If you have a Chiltons or Haynes manual, adjustment procedure is described in them.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock