swap kits by jraul
Started on: 10-19-2014 04:08 PM
Replies: 9 (443 views)
Last post by: jraul on 10-25-2014 04:53 PM
jraul

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jraulSend a Private Message to jraulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys I know I've asked several times about a swap but I wasn't sure what I wanted to install in my fiero but I have decided on the 3800 sc and I was wondering if any of you that have done that swap could you provide step by step info on what all I have to do to make it work and where I can but the swap kit andif there isn't one how I can manufacture the brackets and what transmission I should use if I can't use the stock one which I would prefer to use please and thank you
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all the info is already on the boards, might have to search a bit, the 4t65ehd is the automatic of choice it is original to the donor,
The largest part of the swap is the mounts and wiring both of which can be purchase from members here on the forum or done by yourself..

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

jraul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jraulSend a Private Message to jraulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok thanks but do you know about a manual trans since that is what I have and I would like to keep it that way thanks
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the stock trans from the fiero can be used, you will have to buy a camaro flywheel and have it cut down.
no prob, there is a LOT of info you will just have to search through it. Do not hesitate to ask if it is something you can not find or understand..
jraul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jraulSend a Private Message to jraulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I appreciate it I don't know where to start since this would be the first swap I do I'm kind of lost I have pretty good mechanic skills so doing the labor part bis easy it's just finding the information that's hard especially looking for a kit
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try Fiero Flyer on PFF. I believe that he was marketing a "kit" of some sort for 3800 swaps a while back and he would be a good potential source for this equipment.

Nelson
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jraul:

Well I appreciate it I don't know where to start since this would be the first swap I do I'm kind of lost I have pretty good mechanic skills so doing the labor part bis easy it's just finding the information that's hard especially looking for a kit

First decided if your going to make your own brackets and harness. If your going to buy them its an extremely easy swap. I bought my harness and brackets from fieroflyer (only makes harnesses now someone else does the brackets) https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/064839.html. I bought the modified axle from mstangsBware https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/065499.html. Get your engine mount it to your cradle, attach your harness, install your axles, and the bulk of it is done. You will need to make or buy a modified dogbone mount, depending on what year fiero tap the lower intake manifold to add a line for heater, get a modified thermostat housing for the other heater line, plug the whole on the water pump with a freeze plug, make an exhaust, mount your computer (Dan will build the harness so the computer can go where you want it) and some other odds and ends but it all comes together easy enough. This is just the way I did it there are other ways. good luck with your swap

AutoMarshal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarshalClick Here to visit AutoMarshal's HomePageSend a Private Message to AutoMarshalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jraul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jraulSend a Private Message to jraulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you guys for your help I think I'm going to make the brackets myself I'm not sure about the harness though
jraul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jraulSend a Private Message to jraulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I already found the parts I need and who I'm going to buy them from unfortunately my car needs new tires and shocks so I'm going to have to do that first but regarding my swap I'm going to buy the engine first although I'm having trouble finding one the people I emailed on Craig's haven't replied so I was wondering if you guys know where I could get one at a decent price kind regards

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock