l67 swap map sensor location by CoFieroGt
Started on: 10-18-2014 03:41 PM
Replies: 4 (1050 views)
Last post by: phonedawgz on 10-18-2014 10:46 PM
CoFieroGt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoFieroGtSend a Private Message to CoFieroGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of converting the car in my signature to obd2 (thanks to fieroflyer for the awesome harness). I had a few friends help with the conversion and we have a few connectors remaining we cannot find where they go. One of them is the map sensor plug. I cannot find the map sensor can anyone help. Thanks in advance and sorry if this already exists out there but I could not find it.

------------------
Black 1986 Fiero GT, L67, 5 Speed, Firebird dash and door panels.
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD LBZ Duramax
2006 Infinity G35 4 door (Wife's car)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoFieroGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoFieroGtSend a Private Message to CoFieroGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should add that the car used to be obd1. And that the car runs great now on obd2 already even without the map sensensor being hooked up but it is throwing a code for map sensor low voltage.

------------------

1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just plug a GM MAP sensor in and you can zip tie the sensor in place and use a section of Vacuum hose and a "T" fitting to connect it to manifold vacuum. I used the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line for mine.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96)
HX-40, FrozenBoost I/C, 80lb injectors & E85 Coming soon.....

CoFieroGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoFieroGtSend a Private Message to CoFieroGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! This helps a lot I will try this anyone have a part number for the correct map sensor?

Originally posted by 1fast2m4:

Just plug a GM MAP sensor in and you can zip tie the sensor in place and use a section of Vacuum hose and a "T" fitting to connect it to manifold vacuum. I used the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line for mine.

------------------

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Delphi 12247571

http://www.rockauto.com/cat...03311&parttype=11207

2 Bar Weatherpack MAP sensor

You can also look it up as the MAP sensor for your donor engine.

The connector will be either White or Orange on your harness. The MAP sensor stock location is between the rear valve cover and the supercharger. Alternative locations are by the fuel pressure regulator or on the transmission. The MAP sensor MUST be connected to the lower intake manifold port. That is the port located below the supercharger snout. That vacuum/boost source should also be connected to the fuel pressure regulator and the BBV if retained. Nothing else should connect to the lower intake manifold vacuum/boost port.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 10-18-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock