Fast back quarter windows by LorenBateman
Started on: 10-16-2014 03:31 AM
Replies: 7 (239 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 10-16-2014 04:48 PM
LorenBateman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Evening Gents Are the repo's from the Fiero store a good fit or should i look for original windows,Anybody have experience in replacing them..My winter project Sry forgot to mention its an 88GT

[This message has been edited by LorenBateman (edited 10-16-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
snyderman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Loren

I purchased a set in July and they look original and fit well. They are indeed thicker than other repro sets I have had and come with the dot matrix pattern and the GT logo as would the originals. Hope this helps.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before you make a purchase, do some searching for discussions on GT quarterwindows. Chris Cook, The Fiero Store and Kahines can be used as keywords.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I had them replaced on my "fastback" Fieros, the installer used the goop that you'd use for installing windshields. There has been some issues with the double stick tape that held on the originals coming loose.
Ken_86gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken_86gtSend a Private Message to Ken_86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old lar- did they use the stuff that is black and sets up like silicon? How long ago and I take it that it is holing up well?
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it is the black goop. The sail panels have been in for about 15 years. The passenger's side is starting to craze as they were OEM sail panels. I still have a new set in storage and was thinking about replacing it, but as for now they aren't that bad.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the replys. so i remove them just as i would a windshield. there is no hidden bracket somewhere lol..Thank you boys this community is great!!.i have a few lines out in the water but no replys yet on used windows
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whether you use double side tape, silicone, Gorilla Glue, self vulcanizing rubber sealant or whatever to install the windows, if you get a set of windows that are printed with the wrong ink/paint, if the paint won't bond to the window, the paint will peel off and the window will detach. That's why you need to do the research.

Removing the windows will require that you remove the inner sail panel trim piece. On OEM windows, there is a piece of mono filament line applied to the back that is intended to be used to separate the window from the body. If it hasn't rotted, that's the bet way to remove them. Just be very careful about breaking them. The broken edges are extremely sharp.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock