3800sc wont idle after alternator was replaced by Fadingaway
Started on: 10-14-2014 01:05 AM
Replies: 4 (133 views)
Last post by: GODFATHER on 10-15-2014 09:17 AM
Fadingaway

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my alternator died out last night and i drove her home on battery power, i swapped out the alternator with a fresh reman from autozone and she will fire but wont run unless i throttle it then she chokes out and dies ive checked all of my vacuum lines sensors and plugs everything seems in order fuel pressure is good and i clearly have spark, what am i missing?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check alternator output. It should be around 14V when the engine is first started and then settle down to a bit over 12V in 15 minutes or so of driving.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pull out your IAC. Retract the spring and screw the pintle in several turns. Replace it and see what happens.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try cleaning out your throttle body and what phonedawgz said also. When battery is disconnected computer might have to go thru a relearn.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock