Started on: 10-12-2014 06:59 PM
Replies: 12 (1308 views)
Last post by: nathrak on 10-15-2014 03:13 PM
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a new tool/toy for my birthday and have set out to make myself a new set of fuel lines using -6 AN lines.
My car is an 88 GT with 3800SC and 5 speed. I originally used the 96 Pontiac Transport braided fuel lines but have always thought using 18 year old fuel hoses from a junk yard might not be the best idea.
I haven't had any issues with them yet. I still have 2 more sets that I scavenged from vans when I found them. But I don't know what condition the rubber is in inside the stainless braid.
The new lines are made for use with ethanol so they should also last a good long time.

What I got was an Eastwood flare tool and added the 37 degree AN option too.

I got the hose and AN fittings from a local speed shop. I got the 3/8" tubing from Autozone. I used the one that has a fitting on it that will attach directly to the stock Fiero fuel filter. I also got some 5/16" tubing for the return line. I bent the tubing the same as fuel line tubing I have now. I flared the ends to mate to the AN fittings and voila... Plug and play AN fuel lines that run from the filter to the fuel rail.

I still have a couple little details to finish up before I can install them but what do you think?
From top to bottom...
L67 fuel rail (mine actually has a modified rail so that the lines exit the front of the engine toward the side)
Transport lines
Stock Fiero lines
New custom AN lines

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 01-25-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET!
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job, high end tool! Did something very similar on my 3800SC swap with the exception that I used the screw on fuel rail male # 6AN fitting to attach the lines. The clip on fuel rail connectors probably work well but the Russell screw together unit was chosen for my "over engineering" approach.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted the ones with the threaded retainer too but they didn't have them in stock.
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2002z28ssconv

1436 posts
Member since Jun 2005
double post

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 10-13-2014).]

Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought about selling some sets of these? I would buy a set since I will be starting my 3800 swap before the end of the month
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are stainless steel B-E-A-uitiful!
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been wanting to get that tool as well. Glad to hear it works well!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riddick85:

Thought about selling some sets of these? I would buy a set since I will be starting my 3800 swap before the end of the month

I might do so in the future but I want to test them out on my car before I unleash them on somebody else. Fuel aint no joke. If I did sell them it would be as an "off road only" type of thing where the buyer would agree that watching for and eliminating any fuel leaks would be their responsibility. I don't want to get sued when a Fiero catches on fire.

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I have been wanting to get that tool as well. Glad to hear it works well!

Oh it works like magic! I had a couple not turn out right because I didn't tighten the clamp tight enough and the tubing pushed out the back a little. But that was my fault.
Tighten it down good and it's a MACHINE. I might go flare some spare tubing scraps tonight just because it's fun.
Watch for Eastwood sales or shop other suppliers and you can save a few bucks. I actually got mine from Inline Tube but it's the same tool.
Hey look! It's on sale now... http://www.eastwood.com/pro...ng-flaring-tool.html

Originally posted by tshark:

Are these just for the 3800, or would they work with the stock motor?

It would work anywhere we could get the fitting for the fuel rail. The ones I used here are push-on quick disconnects for more modern of a car. But they have fittings for just about any type of connection.

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 10-13-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well once you try them out on your personal car and you need another guinea pig, I will try them. I know "off road use only" but it would help ease the installation and they sure do look good!
nathrak

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nathrakSend a Private Message to nathrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
QUOTE----------I might do so in the future but I want to test them out on my car before I unleash them on somebody else. Fuel aint no joke. If I did sell them it would be as an "off road only" type of thing where the buyer would agree that watching for and eliminating any fuel leaks would be their responsibility. I don't want to get sued when a Fiero catches on fire.-------QUOTE

Only the factory green Fieros ever caught on fire

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock