Started on: 10-12-2014 12:44 AM
Replies: 5 (344 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 10-14-2014 08:19 PM
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone lately has been saying how rare it is to have a GT spoiler (delete) (<-stupid term)
How rare is my GT deck lid with a factory luggage rack?

No, the wing holes were not filled in. I can't get the RPO codes as the car was crushed.
I pulled it off and use it when I want to haul stuff, easy enough to swap deck lids.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've only seen one or two that I'm aware of. Including this particularly nice one owned (I believe) by Marvin Minarich:

Lots of people have wingless GTs but with the decklid open you can see they've usually just filled the holes. I doubt anyone has removed their wing and added the luggage rack.
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure how many were made, but I did just the opposite on my '86 GT. It had the luggage rack that I didn't want, so I pulled it off, filled the holes, and added a factory wing.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's odd too, as it is not a notchback rack, the "wing" part of the rack is not as wide. IE you can't just add a notchy rack.

Originally posted by css9450:

nice same color as my GT, (my deck lid is black though) came off an 87 not sure if it matters
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:
Everyone lately has been saying how rare it is to have a GT spoiler (delete) (<-stupid term)

It's referred to as "delete" because that's literally was it was - deleting a specific option from the GT appearance package. Most Fiero GT models without a spoiler will have an added RPO designating the removal of the spoiler. Luggage rack equipped cars will have that code, plus another RPO code for the luggage rack.

The luggage rack on GT models is more prominent on 1985 GT models as it's a notchback. For fastbacks it is a bit harder to come by, and indeed the rack is slightly different from the common notchback variety in total width, as the fastback decklid is a hair smaller in width.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Most Fiero GT models without a spoiler will have an added RPO designating the removal of the spoiler.

Really? I've never seen that code.

Mine has no spoiler and as such it lacks the "D80" code for Spoiler. But it has no corresponding code for No Spoiler.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock