unobtanium ?? by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 10-10-2014 07:47 PM
Replies: 13 (701 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 10-30-2014 04:52 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just tried an online search for a 87 fiero GT Evaporator Core...... NOTHING ! Can't even find anything on Ebay, only repair kits for stripped threads. Are they Chevette or something ?? :-( haven't taken it out yet, but the Freon goes OUT almost as fast as it goes In. could hear it escaping through the cowl vent, not see or smell it, just Hear it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.gmpartsgiant.com...aporato-3090045.html

A couple sites list it and some say discontinued. If the leak is accessible maybe you could have yours repaired.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 10-10-2014).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck finding a replacement. I thought about replacing mine when I rebuilt my A/C, but I couldn't find one, either. (Didn't look all that hard, though.)
Fortunately, I couldn't find any evidence that mine was leaking.

I'll mention this since I didn't know until I searched for it on here...
The evaporator comes out through the front compartment. You don't have to take the dash out. I thought I might have to, at first.

You might have to resort to using a good used one.
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

I just tried an online search for a 87 fiero GT Evaporator Core...... NOTHING ! Can't even find anything on Ebay, only repair kits for stripped threads. Are they Chevette or something ?? :-( haven't taken it out yet, but the Freon goes OUT almost as fast as it goes In. could hear it escaping through the cowl vent, not see or smell it, just Hear it.

Last year I got mine from jim@fierofiberglass.com. Around $216 with shipping. Price maybe higher or lower depending upon his choosing.
Bottom of page. http://fierofiberglass.com/...ct%20Pages/Misc.html

[This message has been edited by sricka01 (edited 10-18-2014).]

Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:

Last year I got mine from jim@fierofiberglass.com. Around $216 with shipping. Price maybe higher or lower depending upon his choosing.
Bottom of page. http://fierofiberglass.com/...ct%20Pages/Misc.html

Thats a condensor, not evap sricka
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought mine over the counter at Autozone just 3 years ago. I see they no loner have them.

I THINK this is what you are looking for, it is definitely not the condenser:

Option 1 1984

Option 2 1985 ~ 1988
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and those 2 links are for Drier/accumulators, not a EVAPORATOR. The evaporator is the aluminum Radiator in a box on The FIREWALL (you cannot See it without taking the drier and firewall Cover off First).
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried the fiero store?
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what an evap looks like:

Fiero Store does not sell this part. I've searched a little lately too, so far no luck.
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oops. I skimmed the thread too fast I guess.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You Katatak !
PFF
System Bot
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damnit and here i had been chucking them when i removed my A/C

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one sitting in my basement right now.

Nelson
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Katatak was good enough to send me one. :-) they don't go bad very often, but Rats nests, the rodent Urine actually" Corrodes" the aluminum ! Another reason to clean them out now and then !

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock